Bonfiire’s Terms and Conditions
These terms and Conditions (“terms”) are our terms of service that govern our relationship with users and others who interact with Bonfiire. By using or accessing Bonfiire, you agree to these terms, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 9 below.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers. The legislature has created specific offences for unauthorised actions against computer systems and data. We will investigate any such actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible.
We do our best to keep Bonfiire safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Bonfiire safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Bonfiire.
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access Bonfiire, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Bonfiire.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use Bonfiire to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Bonfiire, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Bonfiire functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of these Terms.
- Registration and Account Security
Bonfiire users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on Bonfiire, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal Bonfiire page for your own commercial gain (such as selling your blogs to an advertiser).
- You will not use Bonfiire if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
- Protecting Other People’s Rights
We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on Bonfiire that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on Bonfiire if we believe that it violates these Terms or our policies.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else’s copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including Bonfiire and VryeStudent), or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on Bonfiire.
- You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent.
- Mobile and Other Devices
- We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees, will still apply.
- In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on Bonfiire within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
- You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync their devices with any information that is visible to them on Bonfiire.
- About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by Bonfiire
Our goal is to deliver ads and commercial content that are valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
- We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
- You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
The following terms apply to you if you place an order for advertising:
- When you place an order, you will tell us the type of advertising you want to buy and the amount you want to spend. If we accept your order, we will deliver your ads as inventory becomes available.
- You will pay for your order as agreed upon.
- Your ads will comply with the guidelines as agreed upon.
- We will determine the size, placement, and positioning of your ads.
- We do not guarantee the activity that your ads will receive, such as the number of clicks your ads will get.
- We cannot control how clicks are generated on your ads. We have systems that attempt to detect and filter certain click activity, but we are not responsible for click fraud, technological issues, or other potentially invalid click activity that may affect the cost of running ads.
- You can cancel your order at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, but it may take up to 24 hours before the ad stops running. You are responsible for paying for all ads that run.
- Our license to run your ad will end when we have completed your order. You understand, however, that if users have interacted with your ad, your ad may remain until the users delete it.
- We can use your ads and related content and information for marketing or promotional purposes.
- You will not issue any press release or make public statements about your relationship with Bonfiire without our prior written permission.
- We may reject or remove any ad for any reason.
- If you are placing ads on someone else’s behalf, you must have permission to place those ads, including the following:
- You warrant that you have the legal authority to bind the advertiser to these terms.
- You agree that if the advertiser you represent violates these terms, we may hold you responsible for that violation.
- Sharing Your Content and Information
By sharing your content (blog posts, comments and all other contributions) on the Bonfiire platform, you are granting us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to preserve your content online on the Bonfiire platform.
- When you publish content or information, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Bonfiire, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- Should you no longer wish to be associated with your own content (blog posts, comments and all other contributions) that you had previously shared, you may request that we remove your name from the content. To do this, address a written request to email@example.com.
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Bonfiire, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
- We can change these terms if we provide you notice (by sending you an e-mail) and an opportunity to comment.
- For all changes we will give you a minimum of three days’ notice. Comments to proposed changes will be made via e-mail.
- We can make changes for legal or administrative reasons, or to correct an inaccurate statement, upon notice without opportunity to comment.
- Your continued use of Bonfiire following changes to our terms constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms.
If you violate the letter or spirit of these terms, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Bonfiire to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to these terms or Bonfiire exclusively in a court located in the Western Cape of the Rep. of South Africa. The laws of the Rep. of South Africa will govern these terms, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in the Western Cape for the purpose of litigating all such claims.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Bonfiire, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users’ actions on Bonfiire and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on Bonfiire. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on Bonfiire. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, or any user of Bonfiire.
- WE TRY TO KEEP BONFIIRE UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING BONFIIRE AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT BONFIIRE WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT BONFIIRE WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. BONFIIRE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR BONFIIRE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- By “Bonfiire” we mean the features and services we make available, including through our website at www.Bonfiire.com and any other Bonfiire branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions)
- By “information” we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with Bonfiire.
- By “content” we mean anything you or other users post on Bonfiire that would not be included in the definition of information.
- By “data” or “user data” or “user’s data” we mean any data, including a user’s content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from Bonfiire or provide to Bonfiire.
- By “post” we mean post on Bonfiire or otherwise make available by using Bonfiire.
- By “use” we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By “active registered user” we mean a user who has logged into Bonfiire at least once in the previous 30 days.
- These terms makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Bonfiire, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of these terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of these terms, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of these terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these terms to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under these terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in these terms shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- These terms does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Bonfiire.